Now that summer has officially begun, do you workouts change? Do you modify your workouts to be outside? Does the time of day you are active also change?
During the summer months, I can’t be bothered with the gym (unless the temperature is through the roof and AC is a necessity!). As a mama, I spend more time outside than the rest of the year. There is also less time for workouts as the Littles are out of school and some activity or gathering is usually planned. For me, these factors mean my workouts get shorter and become more efficient. This also means I need to get creative and use what I have available to get the job done: my backyard!
Starting July 4th, take your summer workouts OUTSIDE in this new program: SUMMER SWEAT SERIES.
There will be a new HIIT workout released every week on the blog. This series is designed to:
Outdoor Workout Series full body
Complete the routine 3-4 times through. Rest 1-5 mins between sets. As always, engage a strong, stable core, neutral spine and shoulders are retracted and stable. Listen to your body and do what will make you feel best for you. Video of the exercises is below.
- Hold a weighted plate/dumbells for more intensity
- Fully extend hip at the top of the movement
- Complete reps on one side then repeat on the other side
- Standing on a bench or patio, lift leg behind and squeeze glute in pulses (mini rep).
- Complete pulses on one side then complete on the other side.
- Start in squat position, jump up and land gently on the balls of the feet. Return to squat position and repeat.
- Full push up on the grass or elevated with hands on a bench or railing
- Ensure hips are lifted and not sinking
- On hands or elbows
- Take breaks as needed then get right back into plank
- Try alternating lifting leg up and tap back down for more intensity