HIIT #3 is HERE!
Now that summer has officially begun, do you workouts change? Do you modify your workouts to be outside? Does the time of day you are active also change?
During the summer months, I can’t be bothered with the gym (unless the temperature is through the roof and AC is a necessity!). Instead, I use my backyard as my workout space. I have designed a series of 4 weekly HIIT routines that you can take anywhere: backyard, patio, park, basement, etc.
Outdoor Workout Series full body
This week’s routine will target your whole body, upper, lower and core. Every single one of these exercises combines multiple muscle groups so you get the most out of your workout!
Complete the routine 3-4 times through. Rest 1-5 mins between sets. As always, engage a strong, stable core, neutral spine and shoulders are retracted and stable. Listen to your body and do what will make you feel best for you.
- Alternate tapping toes on a step or stool, aiming for speed.
- Place a low object on your R side and laterally (sideways) jump over it.
- Beginner: no object.
- Start in lunge positon, L leg in front.
- Jump up and switch legs so that R leg is in front. Repeat.
- Aim for speed.
- Keep shoulders down and away from the ears, core strong.
- Start in plank.
- Jump to wide squat.
- Stand up. Repeat.
- Start in plank position.
- Tap R shoulder with your left hand.
- Alternate. Repeat.
- Start in ski jump position, R leg off the ground, balancing on L foot.
- Jump laterally to the R side, balancing on R foot.
- Do a mini squat down on the R foot.
- Jump laterally back to the L side, balance on L foot.
- Do a mini squat on L foot. Repeat.