Truth: I work my hair washing schedule around my workout schedule.
Day 3 hair selfie, Vancouver Fashion Week.
If I don’t sweat, you can almost guarantee that the mop on my head ain’t seeing any suds. I’ll wash my hair after almost all cardio/HIIT days and after a hair wash day, I’ll pick a less sweaty workout like yoga or strength. For those in between days, I’ll reach for dry shampoo. There are SO many out there and they aren’t created equal! I have a sensitive scalp and nose so that eliminates a lot! When testing, I look for the following:
- soft, neutral fragrance that is effective but isn’t overpowering
- fair price point
- non-irritating to the scalp
- does not flatten hair, boosts volume
- not sticky
- easy to use
I have found these ones work best for me
- Living Proof $29. MY HOLY GRAIL! My hair actually feels clean for an extra day or two after using this! It doesn’t leave it flat or sticky. The price tag isn’t cheap so I do save it for those ‘desperate to have clean hair but running late’ days. The fragrance is light and neutral – not too floral or fruity.
- Batiste $8. This is my fave for everyday. My go-to for when I need to run to meet a client after a sweaty yoga Pilates fusion class. The fragrance can be strong so be cautious when using. My fave is Blush XXL Volume.
- Dry Bar Detox $29. Smells amazing! Works comparable to Living Proof but I found that flattens my hair a tiny bit. Still a great choice and I would purchase again during Sephora’s sales.
- Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder $32. I love the smell of this one but the delivery is a bit difficult to use at first. I included it because it’s great for travel as it is also a style extender and volume booster. They came out with a spray version but I found it doesn’t absorb oils as well so I like to stick to the original shaker bottle. Another pro to this one is that because it doesn’t come in an aerosal can, it won’t dry out your mane like the others.
- Klorane $18. This is a great mid range dry shampoo. It gets the job done without flattening hair or giving me a headache with its fragrance. In fact, I am in love with the smell! It reminds me of a combination of newborns and soft linens and who doesn’t love the smell of those?
Have you tried these before? Or do you have a favourite not listed here?
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All products were purchased by me.