I recently made a visit to Cactus Club here in Vancouver and my friend, Jamie ordered the most delicious cocktail I have tasted in a long time! It is called The Brazilian. It is made of Bacardi white rum, fresh kiwi, lime, sugar cane and soda. Freaking amazing.
So naturally, I craved it days later and I had to recreate it. I didn’t have the exact ingredients but I did have kiwi – the star of the show – and a bunch of other great ingredients.
I think this is pretty good. Not exactly like the original but pretty damn good if you ask me. Perfect for patio season.
Muddled Kiwi Summer Cocktail
INGREDIENTS makes 2
1 kiwi, peeled
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 oz vodka
4 tbsp simple syrup
1. Make the simple syrup with cane sugar or regular white sugar. (Recipe here.)
2. While the simple syrup is cooling, peel and cut up the kiwi. Using a muddler or a potato masher, mash up the kiwi. A blender can also be used for this but not necessary to wash another appliance.
3. Fill 2 glasses half full with ice. Pour in 1oz of vodka into each.
4. Add in half of the kiwi and fill with 2/3 C of soda into each glass.
5. Sweeten each cocktail with 2 tbsp of simple syrup. Throw in a reusable straw and find a shady patio. 🙂
I’ve been obsessed with Troye Sivan’s latest track, ‘MY MY MY’. Have you heard it? Watch my YouTube video to hear it and see my recipe development process. 🙂