Nice cream, froyo, banana ice cream – whatever you want to call it, it’s hard to turn down some sweet and creamy goodness! This is actually a remake of a recipe I had (see it here). I have updated the recipe with some spinach to make it extra nutritious and it gives it a magnificent colour!
Recipe | Green Mango Nice Cream
– 2 medium frozen bananas
– 2 c. frozen organic mangoes (I get mine from Costco)
– 2 handfuls of baby spinach
– splash of liquid. I used coconut water. You can also use nut milk (I use Silk coconut almond) OR squeeze of fresh lemon juice for tang
– Optional toppings – sesame seeds, unsweetened coconut, sliced raw almonds, drizzle of nut butter, real maple syrup, etc..
1. Put the liquid, banana, spinach and mango in the blender and turn on high. This could take a 2-6 minutes. Be sure to pause it periodically to scrape down the sides and push the fruit down towards the blade. It took me about 2.5 minutes in the Vitamix using the tamper tool.
2. Scoop into a bowl and add your toppings. My fave is coconut and sesame seeds.
What’s your favourite sweet treat?