Have you done the NEW YEAR PURGE yet?
Disclaimer: This post was written because of the profound effect that Stay Organized by Rosely had on my family and I. As always, all opinions are completely my own.
Every year after putting away the Christmas decor, I end up doing a mini purge. It feels SO GOOD to get rid of stuff/clutter/excess. Staying organized is so much easier when there is less stuff to manage. I like purging and reorganizing often. But one thing is that things never seem to stay organized for long.
When Rosely, a professional organizer, offered to organize my home, I didn’t expect to learn so much and see such a difference.
I chose to reorganize the pantry. It’s a high traffic space and although it is somewhat organized, it was always so messy! (It is embarrassing when guests take a peek!) The pantry was organized in zones: noodles and pasta, snacks, breakfast, etc. More often than not though, things were never put back in its spot. Or rather, it was put back in a ‘similar’ zone, not the correct zone. I had labels but some had peeled off. But in all honesty, my system wasn’t working and I failed to see that, which ended up causing more chaos than necessary.
Thanks to Rosely, she turned my crazy pantry into a usable space again that is no longer a messy dumping ground of stuff.
Ready to check out the change?
Scroll through the photos below:
I love my pantry now. No more embarrassment!
THE PURGING PROCESS
- Empty your space
- Declutter and purgethings you no longer need or use
- Group and categorize like items
Rosely started by pulling everything single thing out of the pantry. I had four opened bags of chocolate chips! Coconut from I don’t even remember when! Snacks were hidden under other things and I also found at least 5 protein bars when I thought I was out!
THE ORGANIZATION PROCESS
- Place most used items in areas of high accessibility.
- Clear floor space so that the inner shelves can be accessed easily.
- Place kids’ snacks on a shelf that kids can reach.
After everything was labeled, Rosely organized it so that everything was accessible and it’s location made sense to me and how our family functions. This is where the magic happens. It is all about functionality because if a space is not functioning well, chaos ensues.
5 PRO TIPS FROM STAYING ORGANIZED BY ROSELY
- If you have multiple open bags of one item, put them together in one baggie so that they don’t get lost or separated and can be used up.
- Label at the end after categorizing everything.
- Use baskets properly to group like items (use two more baskets if necessary!). Place bulky items at the bottom of the basket and smaller ones on top.
- Use a lazy susan (turntable) for things like sauces, oils and vinegars.
- You don’t need to buy new containers to reorganize. If you have mismatched Tupperware or food containers without lids, use those. Some things don’t need baskets. You can reuse the box it came in. Simply cut the lid and flaps of snack boxes for easier access and cleaner look.
To contact Rosely, check out her Facebook page: Stay Organized by Rosely.
What’s one area of your home you would love professional help with organizing?
This post was originally published April 16, 2018.
4 thoughts on “A Professional Organizer Came to My House! 5 Tips From the Pro”
I’m in the midst of a 31 day declutter right now! I’ve decided to spend 15 minutes per day on it, all month.
I seriously need a professional organizer to whip me into shape. I love how organized your pantry is now!
Now, the real question is how long is it going to stay that way? Haha.
Oh my gosh! This kind of organization makes me all gitty inside. Love these tips! Thanks for sharing!