It’s hard for me to resist a delicious cocktail at restaurants. Maybe it’s a West Coast thing but I love Cactus Club here in Vancouver. They have some yummy and creative drinks! A couple summers ago, I tried The Brazilian and I was instantly hooked. It is made of Bacardi white rum, fresh kiwi, lime, sugar cane and soda. Freaking amazing.
A craving came over me recently and I had to recreate it. I didn’t have the exact ingredients but I did have kiwi – the star of the show – and a bunch of other great ingredients.
I think this is pretty good. Not exactly like the original but pretty damn good if you ask me. Perfect for patio season.
Muddled Kiwi Summer Cocktail
INGREDIENTS makes 2
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 oz vodka
4 tbsp simple syrup
1. Make the simple syrup with cane sugar or regular white sugar. (Recipe here.)
2. While the simple syrup is cooling, peel and cut up the kiwi. Using a muddler or a potato masher or fork, mash up the kiwi. A blender can also be used for this but not necessary to wash another appliance.
3. Fill 2 glasses half full with ice. Pour in 1oz of vodka into each.
4. Add in lemon juice and kiwi into each glass. Top with 2/3 C of soda.
5. Sweeten each cocktail with 2 tbsp of simple syrup. Throw in a reusable straw and find a shady patio. 🙂
I’ve been obsessed with Troye Sivan’s latest track, ‘MY MY MY’. Have you heard it? Watch my YouTube video to hear it and see my recipe development process. 🙂
This recipe was originally shared May 21, 2018 and has been updated May 19, 2020.